Effective date: March 01, 2023
At Royale International we respect your privacy and take protection of your privacy seriously.
1. What personal data do we collect and how do we collect it?
In the course of Our prospective or ongoing business or other types of dealings with you or when you browse or access Our website, virtual portals or systems, mobile applications or social media pages (altogether referred to as “Medias”), We may collect, obtain, process, retain and use some of your personal data. The type of personal data We retain and how we access it will depend on the nature of Our dealings with you and how you come into contact with us. For instance:
- When you apply for a job, We will retain your first and last name, email address, residential address, telephone number, unique personal identifiers and related information, identification photo, employment record, educational background, criminal conviction (if permitted under applicable laws), signature and any other information you may provide or that is available on your CV when you apply for a job or that is provided to Us by an external recruiter. We may also retain relevant information about you that is provided to Us from your former colleagues or employers that you identify as your referees.
- When you browse or use Our Medias, your browsing manners will be automatically collected through click steams and cookies. The data collected through click steams or through cookies (read more about this in Our Cookies Policy) is collected on an aggregate and anonymous basis. We also record IP addresses from anyone browsing or using our Medias. An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet. Collection of IP addresses is standard procedure in most web-server environments. When you use some of Our Medias, We may request you to provide other personal data such as name, username and password to be able to access that Media. Our Medias may contain links to other websites or social media. Please note that when you click on one of these links, you are entering another website or social media, for which Royale International is not responsible.
- If you are or are in contact with Us about potentially becoming Our agent, service provider, subcontractor, contractor, vendor, customer or customer, sponsored, licensee, licensor, or otherwise have or consider a business relationship with Us, We will need to collect your name, email address, telephone number and other personal data needed to carry out Our agreed business or to evaluate a potential business. In certain cases where there is a legitimate interest and collection is allowed under applicable laws, We may ask you to provide (but will never retain the originals) a copy of your identity documents, travel documents (including visa labels), criminal records, insurance coverage details and Covid-19 vaccination record.
- When you sign-up for an event, competition, seminar, newsletters or fill in any of Our paper or electronic forms or subscribe to receive information or be contacted by Us, we retain the data you provide to Us when you sign-up or fill in Our forms.
- When you visit Our premises or any event organised by Us, we may need to collect your name, job title, contact details and keep attendance logs.
- We may also collect your personal data from third party sources or publicly available resources or records and data bases, for purposes authorised by such third parties.
- Depending on how you come into contact with Us or Our dealings with you, you may provide your personal data to Us voluntarily when:
- you fill in any of Our paper or electronic forms;
- you participate in surveys, contests, events or research;
- you browse or access any of Our Medias, for instance, to create an account; sign-up for newsletters or events or to login; or
- you submit orders or invoices to Us or otherwise buy, sell, rent, lease or license products, technology or services from or to Us and otherwise in the course of Our dealings with you.
- Sometimes, your personal data may be provided to Us by a third party, for instance when you are a named receiver, shipper, or consignee of a shipment that someone else has requested that We pick up from you or deliver to you. When you voluntarily provide your personal data to Us (for instance by filling in a form on Our website), if allowed under applicable laws, we may use your personal data to obtain additional information from publicly available resources.
2. For which purpose will we collect or process your personal data?
We will use your personal data only as needed to carry out the purpose for which it is collected, depending on the context in which it is collected and the nature of Our relationship with you. For instance:
- If you are a job applicant, We will use your personal data to assess and process your job application. We may keep your personal data for one year (or for any other duration specified in a job application form or otherwise made known to you) for our internal records only and to contact you regarding other similar positions in which We think you may be interested.
- When our Medias record IP addresses, We do it to help diagnose problems with Our server, to administer Our website, to analyse trends, to track user movements, and to gather broad demographic information; all for the purpose of continually improving Our Medias and delivering personalised, customised content.
- If you are, or are working for, an agent, service provider, subcontractor, contractor, vendor, customer or prospective customer, sponsored, licensee, licensor, We will use your personal data as needed in relation to the hiring, purchase, rental, technology or licensing of goods or services from or to you or other business dealings (or to evaluate a prospective new business with you).
- If you are, or are working for an agent, service provider, subcontractor, contractor, vendor, customer or prospective customer, sponsored, licensee, licensor, We will process your personal data to evaluate a prospective business relationship.
- If there is an investigation or audit initiated by an authority, a legal proceeding, litigation, or claim against Us or involving Us, We may need to use your personal data to fulfil Our legal obligations, enforce Our rights and defend ourselves.
- If you participate in a survey or research, We will process your personal data for internal evaluation and analysis in view of improving Our services and developing Our business.
- If you participate in a contest, promotion, lucky draw or similar event, We will use your personal data as needed to carry out such event and to contact you in relation to such event.
We will not trade, or sell your personal data to third parties, unless you expressly authorise Us to do so.
3. How long do we keep your personal data?
Royale International will not keep your personal data for a period of time exceeding the duration allowed under applicable laws.
The criteria We use to determine personal data retention periods for your personal data takes into consideration the need for the ongoing business or other dealings that We have with you, Our legitimate interest in retaining your personal data, compliance with legal, tax and other regulatory obligations or requirements.
Where allowed under applicable laws, We may however retain certain personal data without time limit for Our internal record-keeping, to fulfil Our legal obligations, enforce Our rights and defend ourselves in case of investigation or audit initiated by an authority or in case of a legal proceeding, litigation, or claim against Us or involving Us.
4. Where and with whom do we share your personal data?
We may keep your personal data on paper files but in most cases, it will be kept electronically in our technology systems and/or third-party managed IT environments (mainly cloud-based).
If you are or are working for a prospective or actual agent, service provider, subcontractor, contractor, vendor, customer, sponsored, licensee, licensor of Royale International or if any of Our customers or their customer has named you as the receiver, shipper or consignee of a shipment handled by us, in order to carry out the agreed business with you, the company you work for or Our customer, We may need to share your personal data within Royale International and with certain categories of third parties worldwide, in particular with:
- Customs agents, tax authorities and other regulatory or government agencies, authorities or bodies and courts (but only if We are legally required or ordered to share your personal data).
- Financial institutions, insurers, insurance brokers, auditors and external advisors.
- Providers of outsourced services (for instance IT services and accounting services).
- Third party agent, service provider, subcontractor, contractor, vendor, customer or prospective customer, sponsored, licensee, licensor or Our network partners that We work with to operate our business or to provide Our services and for matters relating to Our services (for instance, to prepare quotations).
If in the future We restructure any part of Our business or organisation, We may also share your personal data with any third party that becomes part of Royale International, who takes over any portion of Our business or shares or who will carry out any portion of Our business.
We only share your personal data with third parties if it is needed to carry out the purpose for which We collected the personal data from you.
5. How do we protect your personal data?
We have various technical and organisational measures and procedures in place to protect your personal data from unauthorised disclosure, use, access, alteration or destruction, as required by applicable data privacy laws and regulations. We strive to continuously improve these measures and our technological tools.
6. How do we protect your personal data when it is transferred abroad?
7. What do we require from you when you provide Us with personal data of other people?
8. How can you change your personal data, withdraw your consent or make a complaint?
We encourage you to promptly contact us whenever your personal data needs to be updated. You can at any time have your personal data revised, updated, modified or deleted. You can also withdraw any consent you have given to Us regarding your personal data simply by sending your enquiry by email to email@example.com or (in case of promotional emails) by clicking on the “Unsubscribe” button in Our promotional emails.
However, if you withdraw all or some of your personal data or withdraw any given consent, We may no longer be able to carry out the purpose for which your personal data was collected and may therefore not be able to continue Our business or relationship with you. Please note that, even if you withdraw your consent, We may still be able to retain your personal data as required or permitted by applicable laws.
Depending on the territory in which you are located, if you have any complaints about Our handling of your personal data, you may also have the right to complain to a data protection authority. You may contact the data protection authority or the equivalent in your territory for more information.