1. What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that websites place on your device when you browse a website in order to make the website work as intended. The cookies are processed and stored by your web browser on the device you use to browse the website (e.g. on your mobile phone, computer or tablet). There are different types of cookies:
- Session cookies are temporary cookies that expire and disappear once you close your web browser.
- Persistent/permanent cookies stay on your device until they are deleted by you or by your web browser (depending on your web browser settings).
- First-party cookies are stored by the website you are visiting.
- Third-party cookies are stored by another website than the one you are visiting.
- Necessary cookies are necessary in order for the website’s core functions to work. These cookies are essential to enable you to browse our website and use its features, such as accessing secured areas of the website.
- Performance/statistics cookies collect statistical information, e.g. the number of visitors or duration of each webpage visit. This type of cookie is helpful for the improvement of the website and may include third-party cookies.
- Functionality/preference cookies enhance your user experience by remembering certain information, e.g. your preferred language or your login ID to allow you to automatically login or adapt the language depending on the region from which you connect.
- Marketing/targeting cookies enable a website to send you personalized advertising.
- Social media cookies enable you to easily share the website’s content on certain social medias.
2. What type of cookies does our website use and why?
In addition to necessary first-party cookies, our website also uses functionality/preference cookies and performance/statistics cookies to improve functionalities and features of our website, improve user experience, personalize content to each user’s preferences etc.
Our website may sometimes also use third-party cookies in order to have personalized third-party content (e.g. ads) appear on our website when you browse it.
Most web browsers are set to automatically accept cookies by default. You can decide which type of cookies you allow us to use by disactivating cookies by category in your web browser, except necessary cookies which cannot be disactivated since our website would not function without them. To change your cookies settings, you may search for “cookies” by using the “help” (or similar) button on your web browser (Explorer, Chrome, FireFox and Safari are a few examples of web browsers) and follow the instructions. If you use different web browsers or different devices to access our website, you need to make the same setting changes on all the devices and web browsers that you use.
You can find more information on how to manage cookies on: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/. Please note that this is a third-party website and we have no affiliation with, and are not responsible for, this third-party website.
For further information about this Cookies Policy, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.